Sunday, 23 November 2014

Go Watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes!


I have been meaning to write about Legend of the Galactic Heroes for some time now. Always when I start and come to the middle of the post, and believe me I know it is only middle, I come to the realisation that no matter how hard I try, I cannot summarise it for those that did not watch it. And on the other hand, I do not wish to do it. It is grand, epic, full of drama, twists, turns, ambition, struggle for power, and struggle for survival. A space opera if there was ever a name more appropriate for the series. And while the grand stage is set in the universe, where two armies don't know how to end a war, it truly is a story about people. Common, noble, rich, poor, powerful, and those without any power.

While it is an anime, it is the sort of anime that is too old to have anything in common with today's generation of animes. Thus it is great for anyone who avoids anime like plague because of its usual tropes. In that respect, Psycho Pass is a lot like Legend of the Galactic Heroes. No anime bullshit, as some would say. In any case, you have been warned. I will give you another half a year to watch it in peace. It is 110 episodes, but if you can chug down couple of seasons of whatever series on Netflix this one should not present any problems. The only problem you might have, is that this show is not really available, so you might have to get creative...wink wink nudge nudge. After this grace period, I will start talking in detail about it, and I will not care if I spoil one of the masterpieces of animes ever created to you. it is on you, and your soul now. Don't make me spoil you this epic series, because you will regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment