Friday, 7 February 2014

Friday Musings: 100th Post, Housekeeping, and Voluntine's Week


Hundredth post is here. Achievement unlocked I guess. Some would consider this a milestone of sorts. Considering my pace of writing, though, it seems more of a pit stop. There is really not much else to say about it. Maybe a moment of introspection is in order. I am having a bit of trouble what I want to say here. Thank you to all of you who read these ramblings? I guess.

Yes, lets start with that. Thank you for reading my ramblings, and sharing your own opinions. I know we might not always agree here, and sometimes our opinions will just clash, but I still appreciate it. It breeds discussion and healthy discourse. Or so I would like to think. I prefer to think it is so.

Ok, that part is done, now the annoying housekeeping. Unfortunately this furious tempo of my writing will need to slow down. I have a couple of responsibilities, that will continue to demand more and more of my time in the coming months. I will continue to write, there is no question about that. But instead of five posts, you can expect two, maybe three posts per week. I know, I know, how will you survive with so little? It is heartbreaking.

The content of the posts might vary as well. Probably most of it will focus on World of Warcraft, and Hearthstone. The rest might be about the fantasy literature or philosopher I am currently reading, occasional roleplaying, and my usual ramblings what the developers are doing wrong. So in short, nothing new, just slower pace.

There will be a few posts about The Elder Scrolls Online Beta experience as soon as they allow it, as I was able to get in. Thanks to Curse. Sure, I am certain I will not buy the game because of its ludicrous price, but I might as well try it out and give my opinion on it when I get the chance.

Now that this annoying part is done, we can examine a few more exciting news. I am a bit late to the party, but in February there will be a blogging event taking place, happening, I am not really sure which word, phrase to use. Voluntine's Week it is called. The idea came from C. T. Murphy of Murf vs Internet, and was posted on United We Game, and I think it is a terrific event. The purpose of it, is for blogging to actually resemble a community, and not a lonely man in desert screaming his lungs out and hoping to be heard.

Unfortunately, I will not participate in this year's Voluntine's Week. It is not the community, really, it is me. I am a bit overprotective about my blog. As much as I would appreciate someone writing a post in my stead, it is something I think is still too soon for Cogitationes Astalnaris. In same breath, I do not think I can write a post for some of the blogs I frequent. So, yes, it is me, not you dear Reader. Maybe next time.

Now that I have your interest, you are probably wondering what this Voluntine's Week really is. Well instead of me not making any sense, I'll just post what, when, and where, and then send you to United we Game:
  • What: A set-aside week where bloggers and fans volunteer articles to be published as Guest Posts on their favorite blogs 
  • When: February 17th, 2014 to February 21st, 2014 
  • Where: #Voluntines on Twitter
You can read about it in detail on United We Game. I am sure it is going to be epic, and I really look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment