Friday, 10 January 2014

Friday Musings: Game of Thrones Tease

There will be spoilers of the show in this post. Consider yourself warned. If I spoil something for you, after you read this warning, well, go read the books.

Here we are, the first teaser of the fourth season of Game of Thrones. I must say that I am nowhere near as big of a fan of the show as I am of the books. I think that at some point I stopped caring about the show, and simply marked it as a fan-fic of sorts. The interpretation of books that David Benioff, and D.B. Weiss like. Most of the hate I have for the show comes from the changes that are made. And I noticed the number of changes is getting bigger and bigger as time goes by.

With that said, maybe this is why this teaser that could be considered very picture of terse is so much to my liking.

In the opening scene we have Stannis burning Mance at the stake. Nothing new there, just as it needs to be. This is followed by Daenerys and her entourage watching a random horseman riding at her Unsullied, more likely at some soldier. I can hope this soldier will turn out to be Brown Ben Plumm, but considering the changes of the last season, I doubt it. Then there is a scene of festivity, and we see a random dwarf entertaining the guest. This is then Joffrey's wedding. I wonder where will Sansa and Tyrion be seated...

Speaking of Tyrion, look at that, he is wearing chains. I wonder why that could be? And then there is a really really quick shot of what I presume is Mag the Mighty, or in long Mag Mar Tun Doh Weg, leader of giants that joined with Mance Rayder. This is followed by a quick shot of what I would hazard a guess is a random Northerner, but it seems weird for couple of reasons if that is a Northerner. Starks do not have any soldiers any more. It could be the secret envoy Robb sent to find Howland Reed, but I am not sure if that was even shown in the show.

One more look at the Joffrey looking smug with his new wife, and then we can see Arya training with her Needle. And then one more shot of Stannis charging at the Mance and his troops.

As short as it was, there sure was a lot of it shown. There will be more teasers and trailers soon out as the fourth season nears on us. Until then we will have to wait. As we are waiting on the Winds of Winter. No pressure George.

No comments:

Post a Comment